In this article we will discuss about home remedies for getting rid of fleas in dogs. Fleas can make your dog miserable, so it’s important to learn how to get rid of fleas on dogs. Fleas are common parasites that live on dog’s skin. They feed on the dog’s blood and can cause plenty of discomfort. Fleas are small, wingless insects, closely related to the spider. At maturity, fleas can reach a length of 2.5mm, and have a reddish appearance due to the microscopic red crystals of haemoglobin that cover their bodies.
Home Remedies For Removing Fleas From Dog
Fleas are not only annoying, but also cause discomfort to dogs. They also make your dog anemic and you will notice your pet scratching himself a lot. In this article, I have mentioned some home remedies that are easy to prepare. Keep fleas away from your dog naturally by following these home remedies. Let us take a look at the methods to get rid of fleas on dogs naturally.
`Fleas are not only annoying, but also cause discomfort to dogs. They also make your dog anemic and you will notice your pet scratching himself a lot. In this article, I have mentioned some home remedies that are easy to prepare. Keep fleas away from your dog naturally by following these home remedies. Let us take a look at the methods to get rid of fleas on dogs naturally`.
Home Remedies For Dogs With Fleas
- Wash your dog with flea shampoo. This is the most common and reliable remedy for fleas on dogs because it helps to kill the pests and their eggs. There are many types of home-brewed shampoos that you can make at home. To make one, mix warm water, a quarter cup of baking soda and two tablespoons of dish soap in a bucket or basin then use it to bathe your dog thoroughly. The best part about using this method is that it’s also very easy to administer; all you need are some basic ingredients that can be found in any household pantry!
- Use neem oil as an anti-flea treatment on dogs suffering from infestations because it has natural insecticidal properties which help get rid of these pesky critters by killing them quickly without harming your pet’s health at all (unlike other chemicals).
- Sprinkle salt over hard surfaces where your furry friend spends time such as their crate or bedding before vacuuming up any leftover residue if possible so nothing can escape unharmed during grooming sessions – this works especially well since fleas hate being dried out like this so much more than anything else!
1. Flea Shampoo
Flea shampoos are safe and effective when used on a regular basis. For best results, choose a gentle shampoo that does not contain harsh chemicals like parabens and sulfates that can irritate your pet’s skin. Do not use human shampoo as it may cause irritation to your dog’s skin.
2. Neem Oil
Neem oil is a natural insecticide that can be used to kill fleas on dogs. It is non-toxic and safe for your pet. Neem oil can be used to treat fleas as well as many other skin problems like mange, pink eye and yeast infections.
3. Baking Soda For Fleas
Baking soda is a natural flea repellent and can be sprinkled on the bedding, carpets, and other areas where your dog likes to sleep. It’s also a good idea to sprinkle baking soda on the dog’s coat before you give it a bath.
4. Salt Water
Salt water is another effective home remedy for getting rid of fleas from your dog. You can add salt to warm water, then wash the dog with the mixture. Make sure you rinse thoroughly so that all traces of salt are gone. Do not use this method around your dog’s eyes; be careful not to get any in them or rub their eyes! Also make sure that the water temperature is not too hot because it could burn their skin if used as an exfoliant (a process which removes dead skin cells).
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Apple Cider Vinegar: This is a natural flea repellent, and it’s also very good for your dog’s skin.
- You can use apple cider vinegar to repel fleas on your dog by mixing 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar with 2 cups of water in a spray bottle. Spray the mixture onto your dog’s coat, then let it dry before giving him a bath or letting him out into the yard.
- If you have an especially large problem with fleas, mix 1 cup of warm water with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, then add to the mixture above. You can also add 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil to this mixture if you prefer that scent over the smell of olive oil (though tea tree oil has its own benefits).
6. Pet Friendly Insecticide
This type of solution is not as reliable as the previous ones, but it can be used if you’re facing a flea infestation that’s particularly bad and there are no other options available.
Spray the insecticide on your pet’s fur. Do not spray it directly onto their face or into their eyes, since this could cause irritation and pain to them. Spray their bedding and surrounding areas as well, using enough to kill the fleas that live within those spaces. Make sure to use an insecticide that is specifically labeled “pet friendly” in order to avoid accidentally harming your dog or cat! If it doesn’t work after two weeks, try switching to another brand of insecticides until you find one which works for your pets’ needs
Follow these home remedies for removing fleas from dog
To begin the home remedies for removing fleas from dog, you will need:
- garlic oil
- lemon juice
- coconut oil
- One (1) 30-Count Box – Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets Probiotics Dog Supplement, Fortiflora Canine Nutritional Supplement
- Probiotic recommended by veterinarians (Kynetec, Probiotic Recommendation Study, March 2019)
- A Probiotic supplement for the dietary management of puppies and adult dogs with diarrhea
- Contains a probiotic to promote normal intestinal microflora. Helps reduce flatulence
- Proprietary microencapsulation process for enhanced stability
Additional Info :
- GENTLE PROTECTION: Vet’s Best Flea & Tick Home Spray uses certified natural ingredients to kill fleas, flea eggs, and ticks on contact.
- PROVEN EFFECTIVE: Whether facing an active infestation or are applying for routine prevention, our spray is scientifically proven effective against pests but gentle enough to use around the whole family.
- CERTIFIED NATURAL OILS: Each steam-distilled essential oil is selected for its potent pest-fighting properties and is 100% Certified Natural.
- TOTAL HOME DEFENSE: Applies easily on surfaces, indoors and out, including dog bedding, crates, furniture, blankets, upholstery, carpets, outdoor surfaces, and more. Also gentle enough to be applied directly on dogs and puppies 12 weeks or older.
- MADE IN THE USA: Our products are proudly manufactured in the USA with quality domestic and internationally sourced ingredients.
Additional Info :
- Boost the immune system – Zesty Paws Aller-Immune Bites are grain free soft chews that support immune, histamine, and digestive health for dogs with skin, seasonal, and environmental allergy issues.
- Enhanced with Epicor – At 80 mg per chew, Epicor contains vitamins, protein, fiber, and antioxidants that are clinically proven to support the body’s natural immune defenses to keep your dog healthy.
- Prebiotic & Probiotic Complex – These supplements feature a powerful Prebiotic and five strains of Probiotics for 250 million cfu of healthy bacteria that supports pet digestion and immune health.
- Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil – Each chew contains Salmon Fish Oil to provide Omega 3 fatty acids epa & dha that provide skin and immune support for dogs with allergies that cause itching and hot spots.
- Natural Ingredients – These chewables contain Colostrum, a pre milk that helps with allergies, immune function, and digestion, plus Apple Cider Vinegar and Organic Licorice Root for additional care.
Additional Info :
- Waterproof flea and tick treatment for dogs: Frontline Plus for Dogs provides waterproof, fast-acting, long-lasting flea and tick treatment and control for your dog. This product is approved for use on dogs 5-22 lbs.
- Break the flea life cycle with frontline: Frontline flea and tick treatment for dogs kills adult fleas plus flea eggs and larvae to stop existing infestations and prevent establishment of new infestations.
- Kills fleas and ticks: Frontline flea and tick treatment for dogs kills fleas, flea eggs, lice, and ticks. This flea and tick treatment kills ticks, including those that may transmit Lyme disease.
- Trusted flea and tick protection for dogs: Frontline has been trusted by veterinarians for nearly 20 years. Made with 2 tough killing ingredients, fipronil and (S)-methoprene – one to kill adult fleas and ticks and the second to kill flea eggs and larvae – this fast-acting, long-lasting protection provides flea and tick control for dogs and puppies 8 weeks and older
- Lasting flea and tick protection: Frontline’s long-lasting formula isstored in the oil glands of the pet’s skin to give non-stop flea and tick protection for a full 30 days. Frontline flea and tick treatment for dogs works non-stop for a full 30 days. A 3-dose supply lasts for 3 months.
Additional Info :
- HEAL AND SOOTHE – Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Antiseptic and Antifungal Medicated Spray for dogs and cats with chlorhexidine gluconate deodorizes and helps relieve bacterial pyoderma and allergic or fungal dermatitis.
- FAST ACTING – This antiseptic and antifungal spray works fast to help relieve symptoms including redness, malodorous discharge from lesions, itchiness, pustules, loss hair, greasiness and/or scaly skin caused by wounds, endocrine diseases, or allergies.
- VETERINARY RECOMMENDED – This paraben-free antibacterial spray for dogs and cats is spot-on-safe so it will not remove topical spot-on flea and tick treatments. Keratin and Aloe Vera help heal and soothe, and the topical spray does not sting.
- FOR DOGS & CATS – Medicated antiseptic and antifungal spray is for topical use on both dogs and cats over 12 weeks of age. The pleasant smell and soothing, effective relief of symptoms will make you and your pets happy. Store in the original container in a dry, cool place, and away from sunlight, at a temperature below 86°F or 30°C
- EFFECTIVE & AFFORDABLE – Veterinary Formula Clinical Care premium medicated products are created with veterinary-grade ingredients, available at an affordable price. We know dogs and cats are more than just pets because we are pet parents too.
Additional Info :