A flea infestation can be particularly unpleasant, especially if you have young children and pets. Getting rid of fleas can be a difficult task. Fortunately, there are several natural home remedies that can help you kill fleas on contact. Vinegar is an effective remedy and will furnish your house with a fresh smell as it kills the pests. Fleas are parasites that live on your pet and feast on their blood. A single flea can produce 50 eggs per week, which means you will need to find the best way on how to kill fleas fast in order to save your precious puppy from this dangerous infestation. Fleas aren’t just a nuisance – they can be a serious health hazard. While you may be able to treat your pets with medication, it’s important to know how to kill fleas on contact, as well as in your home. Many commercial products contain harmful chemicals that can cause allergic reactions in both dogs and cats, so making natural infusions or using natural essential oils from plants is the best way to get rid of fleas naturally.
How To Kill Fleas On Puppies
Fleas can make there way into your home, no matter how clean your home. They can cause your puppy great discomfort and they are very hard to get rid of.
Fleas are a common problem that can be found in any home. They can cause your puppy great discomfort and they are very hard to get rid of.
Fleas can make there way into your home, no matter how clean your home is.
Here are some steps to help you protect your puppy from the uncomfortable flea biters.
It’s important to check for fleas on your puppy regularly. It’s easy to do, but there are some things you need to keep in mind when doing so.
- Use a fine-toothed comb
- Look closely at their skin and hair
- If you see any fleas, get rid of them immediately!
Step One – Keep Your Puppy’s Bedding Clean – Even if you treat your puppy for fleas frequently, their bedding should be washed one a week in hot water. This will kill any fleas that may have found their way to the bedding.
You’ll have to start by washing your puppy’s bedding every week. Fleas are almost always found in the bedding, so you need to make sure that his bed is washed in hot water at least once a week (or more if he has fleas).
Your home can also be infested with fleas, so you’ll want to make sure that everything is vacuumed thoroughly and then treated with an insecticide spray or powder.
Step Two – Use A Comb – To check your puppy for fleas you can use a very fine toothed comb and run it through their fur. If you see any black specks, this is flea dirt that has come out of their bodies onto your puppies hair.
To check your puppy for fleas you can use a very fine toothed comb and run it through their fur. If you see any black specks, this is flea dirt that has come out of their bodies onto your puppies hair. Flea dirt is actually not a sign of fleas but the shedding of egg cases from the female adult flea after she has fed on your dog or puppy. These eggs are sticky and will stick to the fur which makes them easy to spot with a simple comb through their coat.
Step Three – Brush Your Puppy – You need to brush your puppy everyday or every other day to remove loose hair and dirt from her coat and prevent matting.
- Brushing your puppy at least once a day is the best way to remove loose hair and dirt from her coat, as well as prevent matting.
- Brush your puppy in the direction of her fur, using a brush with soft bristles.
- Brush her coat until it feels smooth and free of tangles. If you see any black specks on the brush or on your puppy’s skin, this is flea dirt—one sign that she has fleas!
Step Four – Give Your Puppy A Bath – Bathing your pup is necessary if she has fleas as it drowns the pests. You do need to be careful that you don’t dry her out though as her skin will become flaky and itchy which could cause her to scratch until she bleeds. Be sure to check for any allergens in the soap before giving her a bath too.
- Use a mild shampoo. It’s important to use a good quality flea and tick shampoo on your puppy, especially if she has long hair. You can find these at any pet store or online.
- Rinse thoroughly with water afterwards. Be sure to rinse the shampoo out of her coat completely before drying her off well with a towel or blow dryer on low heat setting (if you have one).
Additional Info :
- Provides 8-months of continuous flea and tick prevention
- Seresto flea and tick collar for large dogs works through contact, so fleas and ticks do not have to bite your dog to die
- Veterinarian-recommended flea and tick prevention for dogs in a convenient, odorless and non-greasy collar; No need for messy monthly treatments
- Starts to repel and kill fleas within 24 hours of initial application
- Flea and tick collar for large dogs also helps treat and control sarcoptic mange and kills lice
Additional Info :
- GENTLE PROTECTION: Vet’s Best Flea & Tick Home Spray uses certified natural ingredients to kill fleas, flea eggs, and ticks on contact.
- PROVEN EFFECTIVE: Whether facing an active infestation or are applying for routine prevention, our spray is scientifically proven effective against pests but gentle enough to use around the whole family.
- CERTIFIED NATURAL OILS: Each steam-distilled essential oil is selected for its potent pest-fighting properties and is 100% Certified Natural.
- TOTAL HOME DEFENSE: Applies easily on surfaces, indoors and out, including dog bedding, crates, furniture, blankets, upholstery, carpets, outdoor surfaces, and more. Also gentle enough to be applied directly on dogs and puppies 12 weeks or older.
- MADE IN THE USA: Our products are proudly manufactured in the USA with quality domestic and internationally sourced ingredients.
Additional Info :
- Waterproof flea and tick treatment for dogs: Frontline Plus for Dogs provides waterproof, fast-acting, long-lasting flea and tick treatment and control for your dog. This product is approved for use on dogs 5-22 lbs.
- Break the flea life cycle with frontline: Frontline flea and tick treatment for dogs kills adult fleas plus flea eggs and larvae to stop existing infestations and prevent establishment of new infestations.
- Kills fleas and ticks: Frontline flea and tick treatment for dogs kills fleas, flea eggs, lice, and ticks. This flea and tick treatment kills ticks, including those that may transmit Lyme disease.
- Trusted flea and tick protection for dogs: Frontline has been trusted by veterinarians for nearly 20 years. Made with 2 tough killing ingredients, fipronil and (S)-methoprene – one to kill adult fleas and ticks and the second to kill flea eggs and larvae – this fast-acting, long-lasting protection provides flea and tick control for dogs and puppies 8 weeks and older
- Lasting flea and tick protection: Frontline’s long-lasting formula isstored in the oil glands of the pet’s skin to give non-stop flea and tick protection for a full 30 days. Frontline flea and tick treatment for dogs works non-stop for a full 30 days. A 3-dose supply lasts for 3 months.
Additional Info :
- KILLS & REPELS. A flea and tick preventative and a treatment, this pest-repellent spray is powered by natural essential oils and protects your pets and family.
- SPRAY & PLAY! Safe for cats, dogs and people of all ages, with no wait time for drying or reentry into sprayed areas and environments. Just attach directly to a garden hose, spray your backyard, and enjoy. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Flea and Tick Spray Concentrate!
- TREATS UP TO 5,000 SQUARE FEET. Can be safely used on lawns, gardens, grass, patios, dog kennels, vegetables, flowers, siding, brick, paint and more. Treat an existing pest infestation or for prevention. Application coverage depends on water pressure and walking speed.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS. No artificial colors, fragrances or harsh pesticides. Made in the USA from powerful, sustainable, plant-based ingredients. Safe when sprayed outdoors around pets, kids, and beneficial insects like bees and butterflies. Cruelty-Free and biodegradable. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Flea and Tick Spray Concentrate!
- POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE WITH THE PUREST, NATURAL ESSENTIAL OILS. Powered by cedar oil, Wondercide is safe pest protection that’s proven to work, especially for flea, tick, and mosquito removal. Packaging May Vary.
Additional Info :