Having fleas on your dog is a problem that shouldn’t be taken lightly. Fleas spread disease and can cause serious illness, including anemia in some extreme cases. Your dog will become itchy and irritable, causing them to scratch and bite more often, causing more infection to spread. It is important to get rid of these pests as fast as possible. Here are some home remedies and natural treatments that work great against fleas: When your dog catches fleas, they can cause irritation and discomfort to your best buddy. Not only can they affect the health of your pet, but they can also lead to biting fleas creating infections that result in unhealthy sores. Here are some things you can do in order to kill fleas on dogs at home: All dogs, no matter how well trained or how friendly they are with your family, can get fleas. These little pests are just a nuisance and can even cause health problems for your dog. Your best bet is to try to prevent them from getting into your house and onto your dog in the first place.
How To Kill Fleas On Your Dog
Use a flea comb
You can use a flea comb to remove fleas from your dog’s coat. First, comb through your dog’s fur in all directions, looking for any fleas that might be present. If you see any fleas on the comb, they will be visible and easy to remove by gently pulling them off the teeth of the comb with your fingers or tweezers. You can also use a flea comb to check your dog’s bedding and other areas where he sleeps or spends time—just run it over these surfaces to make sure there are no hidden pests lurking in wait!
Wash your dog’s bedding
You should wash your dog’s bedding using hot water, soap and a washing machine. Make sure that you do not leave the bedding in the sun or use bleach on it. Vinegar may also damage your dog’s bedding, so be careful. Do not use dryer sheets because they may contain chemicals that will irritate your dog’s skin and make him itch more than he already does after a flea bath!
Vacuum carpets and wash floors
Vacuum carpets and wash floors. Vacuum your dog’s bed, couch, and other areas where he spends a lot of time. Use a vacuum with a HEPA filter to vacuum up fleas and other debris from your home. Wash floors with hot water.
If you have hard floors such as tile or linoleum, wash the flooring with hot water (120°F). This is an important step because it will kill any fleas that are on your flooring along with their eggs! Flea sprays can also be used to spray carpets in order to kill off any remaining adult fleas and their eggs before they re-infest your home again!
Treat your home
You can also use flea sprays, flea collars, and flea powders. Flea sprays can be used both indoors and outdoors to kill off the fleas that are on your dog as well as any ticks they may have picked up during their adventures. Treating your home or yard with a spray is also an excellent way to prevent infestations in the future. You can even find sprays specifically designed for dogs that will kill most of the pesky critters within seconds of contact with their fur!
Make a homemade spray for your dog
If you have a dog, chances are you’ve dealt with fleas at one point or another. If your pet is allergic to the bites and your house is infested, it’s time for some serious action. Try this homemade spray that will kill the fleas on your pet and in their environment.
1/4 cup rubbing alcohol
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup white vinegar
With the right resources, fleas don’t stand much of a chance.
Fleas are a serious problem for dogs, and they can make your pet’s life miserable. Unfortunately, fleas are also very difficult to get rid of. If you have an infestation on your hands, don’t worry—with the right resources, fleas don’t stand much of a chance.
Fleas are small pests with long back legs for jumping. They’re usually brown or black in color and about 1/16th of an inch long (0.164 cm). Fleas feed off the blood meals from animals or humans (or both). A female flea lays up to 50 eggs per day in her lifetime; each egg hatches within one week into another breeding cycle that begins when it sucks its first meal from its host’s skin.
- Provides 8-months of continuous flea and tick prevention
- Seresto flea and tick collar for large dogs works through contact, so fleas and ticks do not have to bite your dog to die
- Veterinarian-recommended flea and tick prevention for dogs in a convenient, odorless and non-greasy collar; No need for messy monthly treatments
- Starts to repel and kill fleas within 24 hours of initial application
- Flea and tick collar for large dogs also helps treat and control sarcoptic mange and kills lice
Additional Info :
- GENTLE PROTECTION: Vet’s Best Flea & Tick Home Spray uses certified natural ingredients to kill fleas, flea eggs, and ticks on contact.
- PROVEN EFFECTIVE: Whether facing an active infestation or are applying for routine prevention, our spray is scientifically proven effective against pests but gentle enough to use around the whole family.
- CERTIFIED NATURAL OILS: Each steam-distilled essential oil is selected for its potent pest-fighting properties and is 100% Certified Natural.
- TOTAL HOME DEFENSE: Applies easily on surfaces, indoors and out, including dog bedding, crates, furniture, blankets, upholstery, carpets, outdoor surfaces, and more. Also gentle enough to be applied directly on dogs and puppies 12 weeks or older.
- MADE IN THE USA: Our products are proudly manufactured in the USA with quality domestic and internationally sourced ingredients.
Additional Info :
- Waterproof flea and tick treatment for dogs: Frontline Plus for Dogs provides waterproof, fast-acting, long-lasting flea and tick treatment and control for your dog. This product is approved for use on dogs 5-22 lbs.
- Break the flea life cycle with frontline: Frontline flea and tick treatment for dogs kills adult fleas plus flea eggs and larvae to stop existing infestations and prevent establishment of new infestations.
- Kills fleas and ticks: Frontline flea and tick treatment for dogs kills fleas, flea eggs, lice, and ticks. This flea and tick treatment kills ticks, including those that may transmit Lyme disease.
- Trusted flea and tick protection for dogs: Frontline has been trusted by veterinarians for nearly 20 years. Made with 2 tough killing ingredients, fipronil and (S)-methoprene – one to kill adult fleas and ticks and the second to kill flea eggs and larvae – this fast-acting, long-lasting protection provides flea and tick control for dogs and puppies 8 weeks and older
- Lasting flea and tick protection: Frontline’s long-lasting formula isstored in the oil glands of the pet’s skin to give non-stop flea and tick protection for a full 30 days. Frontline flea and tick treatment for dogs works non-stop for a full 30 days. A 3-dose supply lasts for 3 months.
Additional Info :
- KILLS & REPELS. A flea and tick preventative and a treatment, this pest-repellent spray is powered by natural essential oils and protects your pets and family.
- SPRAY & PLAY! Safe for cats, dogs and people of all ages, with no wait time for drying or reentry into sprayed areas and environments. Just attach directly to a garden hose, spray your backyard, and enjoy. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Flea and Tick Spray Concentrate!
- TREATS UP TO 5,000 SQUARE FEET. Can be safely used on lawns, gardens, grass, patios, dog kennels, vegetables, flowers, siding, brick, paint and more. Treat an existing pest infestation or for prevention. Application coverage depends on water pressure and walking speed.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS. No artificial colors, fragrances or harsh pesticides. Made in the USA from powerful, sustainable, plant-based ingredients. Safe when sprayed outdoors around pets, kids, and beneficial insects like bees and butterflies. Cruelty-Free and biodegradable. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Flea and Tick Spray Concentrate!
- POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE WITH THE PUREST, NATURAL ESSENTIAL OILS. Powered by cedar oil, Wondercide is safe pest protection that’s proven to work, especially for flea, tick, and mosquito removal. Packaging May Vary.
Additional Info :
- The #1 name in flea & tick protection trusted by pet owners for over 20 years, this waterproof, fast-acting flea and tick treatment kills fleas, flea eggs, lice, and ticks, including those that may transmit Lyme disease.
- Designed for use only with dogs and puppies, this long-lasting treatment is made for dogs eight weeks or older.
- Made with two active ingredients, fipronil and (S)-methoprene, this treatment stops infestations and prevents new ones.
- Applied on a single point on your pet, the treatment rapidly covers your dog’s entire body and deposits in the sebaceous glands. These glands as a reservoir, continuously replenishing the treatment onto your pet, working even if your dog gets wet.
- One dose of FRONTLINE Plus lasts 30 days.
Additional Info :
|45 to 88-Pound