There are a number of ways to kill ants. Some of them are expensive and some of them are completely free. If you’re reading this article then you probably have an ant problem in your home. You may have spent hundreds or perhaps thousands of dollars on ant-kill sprays and traps but none of them worked. You tried to do it yourself but, after a few days the ants came back. Or even worse, the ants didn’t go away at all! It’s time to admit that you can’t get rid of your ant problem on your own. If you live in the northern US or southern Canada, then you’ve probably encountered the little black ants running around your kitchen floor — they’re called pavement ants. Although they may appear harmless, they can nonetheless cause considerable damage to your home. Here’s what you need to know about these house and carpenter ants. If you have been noticing ants in your house, you need to kill them and get rid of them fast! Ants cause problems when they enter your house by leaving pheromones that attract other ants and lead them into your home. These ants can leave behind a sweet trail that attracts even more ants looking for the source of the food, and this can quickly become an ant invasion. While most ants are harmless to humans, getting rid of the problem is important for keeping your family safe from these bugs.
How To Kill House Ants
Buy insect spray for ants.
One of the easiest ways to kill ants is by spraying insecticide on them. If you have a large colony in your home, it’s best to buy ready-made ant spray instead of making your own. When purchasing insecticides for ants, look for an active ingredient called pyrethrum. This substance attacks the nervous system and respiratory organs of ants and kills them quickly on contact. You can also find products containing boric acid or diatomaceous earth as an active ingredient—both these chemicals are safe for pets but will kill house ants quickly when ingested in large amounts like those found in some household dusts or powders. These products are sold at most hardware stores (or online through Amazon), though many people prefer using liquid sprays because they’re less messy than powders or granules that tend to get everywhere when applied with a duster!
Mix vinegar and water to make your own insect killer.
Mix 1 part vinegar with 3 parts water and spray it on ant hills and other areas where ants are present. This insecticide will kill the ants, but also kill other insects in your home that you may not be targeting. Vinegar is safe for humans to use as well, so there’s no danger of harm when using this method.
Use honey to lure the ants and kill them.
The first thing you need to know about using honey to kill ants is that you should use a pure, unprocessed type of honey. The second thing is that it’s very sticky and difficult to clean up afterwards.
So why would anyone in their right mind think of using honey as an ant killer? Well, ants love it! They’ll find the sweet treat irresistible, especially if you spread it over something else they like—like your kitchen countertop or dining table. Once the ants are lured into attacking this delicious treat, however, they’ll become trapped by its sticky texture as well as unable to crawl out from under whatever surface has been covered with it (e.g., your countertop).
Kill ants by spraying mouthwash on them.
To kill ants with mouthwash, you will need to use a spray bottle. The next step is to fill the bottle with mouthwash and water. Do not use too much mouthwash or your plants might die. You want to make sure that there is enough water in the mixture so it doesn’t hurt your plants but not too much where it kills them.
- Take your spray bottle and shake it up really well before spraying on any ants! They will run away from the minty smell but don’t worry—they aren’t going far because they’re still alive! Just make sure not to get any on yourself as this may give off an unpleasant odor similar to that belonging only within our bodies (if we could smell ourselves).
- Don’t forget: Mouthwash kills ants by making them thirsty…or something like that…
Kill ants by soaking cotton balls in mint tea and placing them where they are in your home.
If you have mint tea around, soak cotton balls in it and let them dry. Place the cotton balls where you see ants – under your sink, in your garage or anywhere else they might be living. Once the ants have found their way to the tea-soaked cotton ball, they will leave for good (they’ll smell like mint).
The problem with this method is that it takes time – not only do you need to wait for the ants to come out of hiding and find the bait but then you have to wait another few days before they’ve all gone away entirely. Also, mint isn’t really a good thing if you’re using it around food or on pets (it’s toxic), so keep that in mind when considering whether or not this method is right for your needs.
You can kill house ants with items already found in your home.
If you see ants:
- Clean up food crumbs, spills and grease.
- Dispose of trash quickly.
- If there are any open windows, close them to prevent ants from entering the home. If there is an open door, close it.
If you see a lot of ants:
Inspect for entry points by looking for gaps around doors or windows, cracks in the foundation or utility lines coming into the house. Repair these openings with caulk or silicone sealant to prevent further infestation by other insects as well as ants (and rodents). Also inspect your yard for firewood piles that could be harboring carpenter bees which can create holes in your siding that make entry points for termites and other pests such as carpenter ants (see below).
- Attracts & Kills – Kills common household ants including acrobat, crazy, ghost, little black, odorous house, pavement, and other sweet-eating ants
- Kills the Ants You See & the Ones You Don’t – As worker ants discover the bait, they share it with the rest of the colony to eliminate them all
- Works Fast – You should see a significant decrease in the number of ants visiting the bait stations within just a few days
- Ready to Use – Place the bait stations, watch it attract ants, and eliminate the entire colony
- Use Throughout Your Home – Place stations near areas where you’ve seen ant activity including along baseboards, in corners, on counters, and more
Additional Info :
- Ortho Home Defense Insect Killer for Indoor & Perimeter2 with Comfort Wand kills ants, cockroaches, spiders, fleas, ticks and other listed bugs; the formula is odor free, won’t stain, and keeps listed bugs out
- KILLS BUGS INSIDE: Kills those annoying home-invading insects, including ants, cockroaches, spiders, fleas, ticks, scorpions, beetles, silverfish, centipedes and millipedes
- KEEPS BUGS OUTSIDE: Creates a bug barrier that will kill bugs you have and prevents new bugs for up to 12 months (applies to ants, roaches and spiders indoors on non-porous surfaces)
- NO STAINING OR STINK: This spray can be used indoors and out, leaves no residue, and has no odor; people and pets may re-enter treated areas after spray has dried
- WAND MAKES APPLICATION EASY: The Comfort Wand eliminates hand fatigue, and there’s no pumping required, making it easy to spray along your home’s perimeter–indoors and outside
Additional Info :
Additional Info :
- Works Fast – This fast-acting traps eliminate fruit fly infestations. You should notice a dramatic decrease in fruit fly populations within a few days
- Long-Lasting Lure – The ready-to-use, non-staining lure attracts adult fruit flies. Each trap lasts up to 45 days, giving you up to 90 days of protection!
- Discreet Design – The attractive, apple-shaped trap design will look at home in any kitchen. It also blends in with the fruit these pests love
- Monitor Catches – Each fruit fly trap has a built-in window, allowing you to easily keep an eye on catches and lure levels
- Locate Breeding Areas – These traps are most effective when placed near fruit fly breeding areas, including near fruit bowls, trash cans, on kitchen counters and sinks, and other locations where fruit is stored
Additional Info :
- Extra Concentrated for Long-Lasting Protection
- Natural Ingredients Proven Effective in the Real World
- Large 16oz Bottle
- Powerful Essential Oil
Additional Info :