Natural Pest Control For Cockroaches
Here are our top eleven tips for natural roach control.
Here are our top eleven tips for natural roach control.
- Find their nests and hiding places, and destroy the food sources they use. Cockroaches like to hide in dark, secluded areas where they can scavenge for food at night. In addition to looking for their hiding places, you should also make sure that you’re not leaving out any exposed trash or extra crumbs around your house (cockroaches are omnivores). If you see one or two cockroaches occasionally, that’s normal—but if there are dozens of them crawling around your kitchen every day, then it’s time to do something about it!
- Use natural products that won’t harm you, your kids or pets: The chemicals found in most conventional bug sprays can be harmful for humans if ingested or inhaled over long periods of time; so always go with a natural home remedy instead! Boric acid is one such solution because it kills roaches by drying up their exoskeletons while they’re still alive inside–which means no painful death sentence! Additionally this compound has been shown through several studies conducted over the past decade that boric acid may actually prevent cancer growth in humans who come into contact with high levels of radiation during accidents like nuclear power plant meltdowns due to its ability
1.) Baking Soda and Sugar.
Baking Soda and Sugar.
This is the simplest method to use if you have a small number of roaches that have recently appeared. All you need to do is mix together a 1:1 ratio of baking soda and sugar, and place this mixture in a corner where they are most likely to go (i.e., near their food source). The best thing about this method is that it’s cheap enough for anyone to use!
2.) Coffee Grounds.
You can use coffee grounds to get rid of cockroaches. To do this, you’ll need to spread the coffee grounds around your home in areas where there are cockroaches. It is important that you place the coffee grounds away from where anyone will walk or sit so as not to cause a hazard. The scent of the coffee can act as a repellent and keep pests away from certain areas of your home
There are several ways that you can use coffee beans to keep roaches away:
- Place them under sinks, cabinets, stoves or other appliances. These areas tend to be warm and moist locations that serve as ideal habitats for roaches; however if you sprinkle some coffee beans there it will help deter them from setting up shop because it doesn’t make sense for them – they’d rather be somewhere else!
- Put some in an old sock (or any container) with holes poked into it and hang from walls/ceilings above doorways where insects like mosquitoes may enter (don’t forget about basements). This works especially well if combined with diatomaceous earth which we’ll talk about later on down this list too!
3.) Bay Leaves.
If you want to take a more natural approach to pest control, bay leaves are a great option. They’re safe and effective, and can be used in many different ways to repel cockroaches from your home.
Bay Leaves for Pest Control
Where to find Bay Leaves?
You might be surprised at how easy it is to find these common kitchen items at your local grocery store or even online! There are several websites that sell large quantities of bay leaves at affordable prices. For example: here’s one site where you can purchase whole dried bay leaves by the pound!
Catnip is a natural repellent for cockroaches, and can be grown in your garden or planted as a potted plant. It’s safe for humans and pets, but watch out—some cats love to roll around in it!
If you’re interested in growing catnip yourself: you’ll need soil that drains well so the plant doesn’t get root rot during rainy seasons. Catnip likes full sun with light shade during hot months. You can also buy catnip plants from nurseries or grow them from seeds (it’s an annual herb).
5.) Citrus Peels.
- ) Citrus Peels.
You can use fresh or dried citrus peels to repel cockroaches and kill them. The peel from an orange or lemon has been shown to be effective against roaches in a number of studies, but you can also use the essential oils from these fruits, as well as the juice. Citrus is highly aromatic, and roaches don’t like it! Use this method by:
a) Sprinkling dried citrus peels around areas where you see cockroach activity (or adding them to your home’s baseboards/crevices). You can also put some in your vacuum bag or steam cleaner bag if you see lots of evidence of live bugs that way. Just make sure they are out of reach of children and pets!
b) Steaming your baseboards with water mixed with vinegar (5 parts water + 1 part vinegar), then sprinkling powdered citric acid on the wet surface after steaming it off—this will help dry out any insects directly above the steam so they die when they fall down onto it; repeat every few months until all signs disappear
6.) Cayenne Pepper, Black Pepper, and Flour.
- Place small piles of cayenne pepper, black pepper and flour around the home. These three items will act as a deterrent to roaches by irritating their feet. The roaches will avoid these areas in order to avoid further injury.
Borax is a great solution for killing cockroaches. It is an inexpensive, all-natural mineral that is commonly found in the kitchen or bathroom. You can use it to kill and remove roaches, but also as a repellent to keep them away from your home.
- ) Borax Powder:
Borax powder can be sprinkled around the baseboards of your house and on other surfaces where you suspect roach activity. The boron in the borax repels roaches and will cause their exoskeletons to soften up so they die when they try to walk across it.
- ) Borax Water Solution
To create this solution, mix one tablespoon of boric acid with two tablespoons of water in an empty spray bottle (do not use plastic). Spray this mixture onto areas where you think there may be cockroach infestations or at least where there are signs that roaches have been present such as droppings or nests/egg sacs under appliances/basements). When spraying this mixture make sure not to get any into places like sinks or drains because it can damage plumbing fixtures! This mixture will not only kill off adult roaches but also destroy any eggs/nestlings inside cracks/crevices beneath appliances etc., so apply generously!
8.) Lemon Juice and Water.
Lemon juice and water can be used to repel roaches. Roaches avoid citrus, so you can use this as a natural remedy for getting rid of roaches. If you want to use lemon juice and water, mix 1/2 cup of lemon juice with 1 gallon of warm water. Once you have mixed these together, put them in a spray bottle or other container that will allow you to apply the mixture easily across your home. Spray areas where the roaches are most frequent such as near the kitchen sink or under the refrigerator; this will help ensure that they do not return! You can also use this homemade repellent spray inside your car if you’re seeing too many cockroaches there too!
9.) Oatmeal and Gelatin Mixture
- 2 tablespoons of oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon of gelatin (powdered)
- Water to make a paste
Mix the dry ingredients together with water to make a paste. Place this mixture in corners where roaches hide in. The gelatin acts as an attractant for roaches, and they can get stuck on it like flypaper, according to Do My Own Pest Control. The oatmeal does not harm the roaches when they get stuck on it, even though it is similar in texture to the way that humans would feel if they were trapped in something sticky themselves! If you have diabetes or are allergic to gluten (a type of protein found in wheat flour), do not use this method because there is no guarantee that any part of our bodies would be able to digest its contents without any negative side effects occurring first.”
10.) Diatomaceous Earth (DE)
DE is a powder made from the fossilized remains of diatoms, a type of algae. When it absorbs water, it becomes soft and very porous and is able to catch roaches by clogging their breathing holes. The dust works on all insects that have exoskeletons but are particularly effective against roaches because they breathe through small holes in their body instead of lungs.
The good news about DE is that it’s not toxic and won’t harm humans or pets. It can be used in food preparation areas without fear of contamination and can even be used around children without worry about poisoning them if ingested accidentally.
11.) Beer Traps
Beer traps are another effective way to get rid of roaches. Beer traps work by attracting cockroaches with the smell and taste of beer, then drowning them in the liquid when they drink it.
There are a few things you’ll need to do to properly create a beer trap:
- Use a wide-mouthed container (such as an empty glass jar or plastic soda bottle). You want something that is easy for roaches to climb into but difficult for them to climb out of.
- Pour some flat beer into the container—any kind will do as long as it’s not carbonated (you don’t want your trap fizzing over). The amount depends on how much space you have available—the more room there is for them, the more likely they’ll be able to escape before drowning! If you’re using a jar or bottle, pour about half an inch worth into the bottom; if using something else like an upside-down bowl or saucer then go ahead and fill it all up!
Try the methods above, and you can get rid of your roach infestation naturally!
Now that you know how to get rid of roaches naturally, it’s time to get started. The methods above will help you get rid of your roach infestation without having to pay for pest control. The best part is that they are completely natural and won’t harm anyone in your home. So if you have a stubborn roach problem in your house, these DIY methods are what you need!
- FRESH SCENT: EcoSmart’s Natural Indoor/Outdoor Home Pest Control eliminates ants, roaches, crickets, ticks and other household pests by contact with the help of essential oils, such as Rosemary, Clove and Thyme, so there’s no overbearing, harsh, chemical smell- only a fresh scent and no bugs
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY: Our natural, plant-based formula kills home pests without harming fish, wildlife and does not contaminate groundwater supplies, so you can feel good about using EcoSmart
- CHILD AND PET FRIENDLY: Safe to use around children and pets (when used as directed)
- NO CHEMICAL: Take chemicals out of your lawn, garden and home equation with EcoSmart
- MADE IN THE USA
Additional Info :
- KILLS & REPELS. A preventative and a treatment, this spray is a natural pest repellent, and kills mosquitoes, ants, fleas, ticks, roaches, flies, scorpions, chiggers, crickets, chinch bugs, japanese beetles, no-see-ums, gnats and more. Safe alternative to conventional pesticide sprays, baits, ant granules, zappers or foggers.
- SPRAY & PLAY! Safe around cats, dogs and people of all ages, with no wait time for drying or reentry into sprayed outside areas. Just attach directly to a garden hose, spray your backyard, and enjoy. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Outdoor Pest Control Concentrate!
- TREATS UP TO 5,000 SQUARE FEET. A bug control spray that can be safely used on lawns, gardens, grass, picnic areas, playgrounds, patios, vegetables, flowers, siding, brick, paint and more. Treat an existing pest infestation or for prevention. Application coverage depends on water pressure and walking speed.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS. No artificial colors, fragrances or harsh pesticides. Made in the USA from powerful, sustainable plant-based ingredients. Cruelty free and biodegradable. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Outdoor Pest Control Concentrate!
- POWERED BY NATURE, AS POWERFUL AS PERMETHRIN. Powered by cedar oil, our eco-friendly formula is proven to kill and repel pests. Safe when sprayed outdoors around pets, kids, and beneficial insects like bees and butterflies. Permethrin-Free. Packaging may vary.
Additional Info :
- ✅ REPELS FAST FOR UP TO 12 MONTHS- Ants, Bed Bugs, Cockroaches, Dust Mites, Earwigs, Fleas, Roaches, Spiders, Stink Bugs, Ticks & Common Household Bugs
- ✅ NATURAL – Concentrated Formulation of Peppermint, Clove & Vinegar. Safe For People, Pets & The Environment When Used According To Directions
- ✅ INDOOR/OUTDOOR USE – For Indoor Applications Use Anywhere There is An Issue With Unwanted Bugs For Outdoor Applications Use On Furniture, Trash Cans, Foundations, Garages, Pool Houses and Sheds. Will Not Stain
- ✅ EASY TO USE JUST SHAKE AND SPRAY – Comes With Comfortable Heavy Duty Trigger Sprayer That Is Guaranteed Not To Clog
- ✅ MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – OUR PRODUCT WORKS. Thousands of Customers Cannot Be Wrong. Not Satisfied? We’ll Refund Your Money, No Questions Asked
Additional Info :
- Keep cockroaches away from your home without the use of harsh chemicals with this natural formula from Exterminator’s Choice
- Our formula uses natural cedarwood, peppermint, and cinnamon oils to deter cockroaches, keeping them away from your kitchen, basement, and other areas of your home
- Since we don’t use harsh chemicals, our defense spray is safe to use around children and pets, giving you the confidence to spray anywhere in your home
- Simply spray Cockroach Defense wherever cockroaches appear, and around doors, windows, and any cracks that could be letting them in
- Trusted by professional exterminators to eliminate cockroaches from you home without the use of harmful chemicals
Additional Info :
- Extra Concentrated for Long-Lasting Protection
- Natural Ingredients Proven Effective in the Real World
- Large 16oz Bottle
- Powerful Essential Oil
Additional Info :
|Color||Green, Multi-color, Green|