Pests can be irritating to a gardener. They can damage the plants, consume the nutrients and give a bad taste to your plants. The organic pesticides are safe for the environment, pets and are effective in preventing the pests and insects from bothering your plants. Some natural recommendations that you could use for pepper plants control include soap spray for aphids and pepper maggot, dormant oil spray for mites and fungus diseases that can infect peppers like Anthracnose. Best Natural Pesticide for Pepper Plants: If you are planning to go pesticide free, then here is the article meant for you. It discusses pesticide products which don’t contain any chemicals that can harm the plants. Therefore, nothing gets killed with these natural and organic methods. They are considered to be the best way to care for plants without using any chemicals.
Natural Pesticide For Pepper Plants
Neem oil is a popular organic garden spray that can be used to control pests on your pepper plants. It is made from the seeds of the neem tree, and works on a wide range of insects, including aphids, whiteflies, spider mites and mealybugs. Neem oil is also safe for people, pets and animals when you use it correctly (no eating or drinking while spraying).
Pepper wax is a natural pesticide that can be used to protect pepper plants from pests and diseases. The ingredients for this homemade spray are easy to find, and the spray can be made in less than 10 minutes with minimal effort.
- 1 cup of vegetable oil (canola or olive)
- 2 tablespoons of cayenne pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 10 drops clove oil or 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried cloves
This recipe makes enough spray to treat one large pepper plant, so you’ll need to double or triple the ingredients if you’re spraying multiple plants at once. Pepper wax won’t kill existing insects or their eggs, but it will keep them away from your peppers until they die off naturally.
Nicotine extract is an all-natural pesticide that works well against most insects. It can be mixed with water, soap and hot pepper flakes to create a spray that will repel pests from your pepper plants.
Mix 2 tablespoons of nicotine extract with 1 cup of water. Put into a spray bottle and shake before use. Spray onto the base of the plant once every few weeks or so to keep pests away.
Hot Pepper Spray
To make the spray, mix 1 cup of water and 1 tablespoon of baking soda. Stir until the baking soda is dissolved. Add in a few drops of hot sauce or cayenne pepper for some flavor and heat.
Use a spray bottle to apply this mixture directly on your pepper plant leaves after watering them thoroughly in the morning or evening. This can be applied to all parts of the plant except for flowers, fruit and stems. Apply once every 3-4 days for best results.
You can also make an organic insecticide by combining 2 tablespoons each of liquid castile soap, 5 tablespoons neem oil (you can also use any other type) and ½ teaspoon citric acid in a spray bottle filled with water; shake well before using! Keep this mixture refrigerated if not used within 24 hours since it will go bad when exposed to air at room temperature over time so only make as much as you need at one time if planning on storing it longer than overnight before spraying tomorrow morning’s watering session! You’ll need about 1 ounce per gallon so adjust accordingly depending on how big or small your garden is (or container). Store leftovers in fridge between uses – just make sure lid seals tight!
These are all great options for a natural pesticide for pepper plants.
For all of these reasons, it’s a good idea to use natural pesticide for pepper plants. There are many options available, such as:
- Neem Oil. Neem oil is derived from the neem tree and has been shown to be safe when applied multiple times throughout the growing season. It’s made up of fatty acids that kill pests by disrupting their digestive systems. The best time to apply neem oil is when temperatures are between 50 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit (10-27 C) at dusk or dawn during mid-spring through late summer so that pests are less active in the field but still active enough for application.
- Bt (Bacillus thuringiensis). This bacteria kills harmful caterpillars without harming other insects like bees or butterflies because it only targets specific types of worms like armyworms or cabbage loopers! Its effectiveness varies depending on what plant you’re treating—it can take anywhere from one week to six months before any results show up—so don’t be discouraged if your peppers aren’t covered in Bt yet!
- Insect killer: kills aphids, mealybugs, mites, white flies, and more
- Fast acting: kills listed insects in minutes and is effective against adult, larvae, and nymph stages of pests
- Easy to use: ready-to-use bottle makes application easy
- Use on: for indoor or outdoor use on roses, flowers, fruits, vegetables, and even houseplants
- For use on vegetables, flowers, fruits and houseplants
Additional Info :
- MAXIMUM STRENGTH READY TO USE SPRAY – No mixing required. Trifecta Crop Control Ready To Use is diluted at maximum strength 2oz per gallon ratio. Simply point and spray and thoroughly wet the plants until foliage is dripping including the underside of the leaves and the surface of the growing medium.
- EASY SOLUTION TO HELP BEAT MILDEW, MITES, AND MOLD – Crop Control is the natural growers’ choice to help protect and cure Powdery Mildew, Spider Mites, Russet Mites, Broad Mites, Botrytis, Grey Mold, Aphids, fungal and parasitic species on plants.
- SAFE FOR USE ON MOST PLANTS – Use for most crops including fruits, vegetables, herbs, spices, roses, flowers, trees, shrubs, houseplants, succulents, ornamentals and more. Save time and money with this quick and easy solution to mildew, mold, and fungus. *Test spray a few leaves full application*
- FARMER RECOMMENDED – Unique blend of food-grade PREMIUM essential oils including garlic, thyme, clove and peppermint oils broken down to NANO-SIZE particles for MAXIMUM COVERAGE. Crop Control is made with natural food-grade ingredients so you can feel good about what you are putting on your plants and the planet.
- GUARANTEED TO WORK FOR YOU – We are totally confident that Trifecta Crop Control will work for you, as it has for thousands of other growers. With your Trifecta Crop Control purchase, you are protected by Amazon’s money-back guarantee (all terms apply) so you can order now with CONFIDENCE.
Additional Info :
- CONTAINS BOTANICAL INSECTICIDES: Spray on roses, vegetables, houseplants, ornamentals, trees, shrubs and flowers right up to the day of harvest.
- KILLS ON CONTACT: Kills aphids, tomato hornworms, green fruitworms and other listed insects.
- PROTECTS YOUR WHOLE GARDEN: Use both indoors and outdoors.
- READY-TO-USE PEST CONTROL: Spray upper and lower leaf surfaces – no mixing required.
- APPLY AS NEEDED: Treat weekly or apply as needed to control infestations (up 10 to times per season).
Additional Info :
Additional Info :
- Special formula: specially-formulated to use on over 100 listed fruits, vegetables, and citrus plants to kill insects and prevent new infestations
- Insect killer: kills Asian Citrus Psyllids, aphids, whiteflies, and more
- Season-long protection: one easy application provides season-long protection without spraying
- Rainproof protection: systemic rainproof protection is absorbs and will not wash off
- Systemic rainproof formula
- Treats up to 640 Sq. Ft. of vegetables or up to 9 fruit trees
Additional Info :