There are several reasons why you would want to use homemade organic pesticides for your garden. With that being said, most people don’t know how these pesticides work, or how effective they can be. If you’re looking for natural pesticide spray recipes, then this is going to be very useful. Natural pesticides are the rage today. We want to use chemicals that make our life easier yet healthier without compromising our health. We all want the best from both worlds — cleanliness and health — and we strive for that with both our indoor life and organic gardening garden landscaping. That’s why you’ll find organic pesticides in sprays, pesticides for plants, and other organic materials in your gardening needs.
Natural Pesticide For Plants
Neem oil is an effective pesticide for plants. It is non-toxic to humans, pets and beneficial insects. Neem oil is made from the seeds of the neem tree, which was traditionally used by Indian farmers as a natural insect repellent and pesticide.
Tobacco is a natural pesticide that can be used to control aphids, beetles, cutworms, spider mites, squash bugs, and tomato hornworms. Tobacco spray is not harmful to humans or pets.
Garlic spray is a natural pesticide that can be used to kill aphids, mites and other insects. It also makes a great repellant for many types of pests. Garlic spray works because it contains sulfur compounds which are poisonous to insects. This makes the garlic vapors toxic to both the soft-bodied insects like aphids and spider mites as well as the hard-bodied (exoskeleton) insect such as ticks and fleas.
The garlic is first dried out before use in order to increase its potency, as fresh garlic has lower concentrations of sulfur compounds than dried cloves do once they have been processed into powder or paste form. Once dryed out completely you can now use your homemade pesticide in several different ways:
- Spray directly on plants
- Add 1 tbsp per gallon of water then dilute further with more water if needed before spraying plants
Insecticidal Soap Spray
Insecticidal soap spray is a popular organic pesticide for plants and vegetables. The oil component of this natural pesticide kills insects by dissolving the protective wax layer on their exoskeleton, while the soap component serves as a surfactant to help the oil spread across the surface of the insect. Because it’s only effective when sprayed directly onto an insect, you need to be careful about how you use it: spraying too much can damage your plants, but not spraying enough won’t kill off any pests at all.
To make this natural pesticide yourself:
- Add ½ cup of vegetable oil to 1 gallon of water (use more or less depending on how large an area you’re treating) in a spray bottle; stir until well combined.
- Add 2 tablespoons of liquid detergent (not powdered soap), such as dishwashing liquid or laundry detergent; stir again until well combined.
Orange oil, derived from orange rinds and other citrus fruits, is great for keeping insects at bay. It’s effective against aphids, whiteflies and spider mites—and it’ll also kill ants, mealybugs or scale insects (the annoying little bugs that like to live in crevices). You can use it to spray plants directly or mix it with soap before spraying. Orange oil kills eggs and larvae of harmful pests without harming beneficial bugs like bees or ladybugs.
This natural pesticide is safe enough to use around kids and pets—not that they’ll be in your garden while you’re applying it anyway!
Chili pepper spray
To make your own chili pepper spray, you’ll need:
- Chili powder or cayenne powder (for example, 2 1/2 cups)
- Water (1 cup) or vinegar (1 cup)
- Dish soap or castile soap
Cayenne Pepper spray
Cayenne pepper spray is a great option when you only have a small infestation. It’s also an inexpensive alternative to store-bought pesticides, making it a great choice if you’re on a tight budget. You’ll need:
- Cayenne pepper powder (or any other type of hot pepper)
- Spray bottle (you can use an empty plastic water bottle)
- MAXIMUM STRENGTH READY TO USE SPRAY – No mixing required. Trifecta Crop Control Ready To Use is diluted at maximum strength 2oz per gallon ratio. Simply point and spray and thoroughly wet the plants until foliage is dripping including the underside of the leaves and the surface of the growing medium.
- EASY SOLUTION TO HELP BEAT MILDEW, MITES, AND MOLD – Crop Control is the natural growers’ choice to help protect and cure Powdery Mildew, Spider Mites, Russet Mites, Broad Mites, Botrytis, Grey Mold, Aphids, fungal and parasitic species on plants.
- SAFE FOR USE ON MOST PLANTS – Use for most crops including fruits, vegetables, herbs, spices, roses, flowers, trees, shrubs, houseplants, succulents, ornamentals and more. Save time and money with this quick and easy solution to mildew, mold, and fungus. *Test spray a few leaves full application*
- FARMER RECOMMENDED – Unique blend of food-grade PREMIUM essential oils including garlic, thyme, clove and peppermint oils broken down to NANO-SIZE particles for MAXIMUM COVERAGE. Crop Control is made with natural food-grade ingredients so you can feel good about what you are putting on your plants and the planet.
- GUARANTEED TO WORK FOR YOU – We are totally confident that Trifecta Crop Control will work for you, as it has for thousands of other growers. With your Trifecta Crop Control purchase, you are protected by Amazon’s money-back guarantee (all terms apply) so you can order now with CONFIDENCE.
Additional Info :
- KILLS SOFT BODY INSECTS ON CONTACT- Only effective on spider mites (two-spotted mites, broad mites, russet mites), whiteflies, aphids, powdery mildew, and downy mildew.
- OMRI LISTED- Contains all-natural and organic food-based ingredients for organic gardening that is non-toxic and safe for human, pets, bees, ladybugs, and other beneficial predators.
- UNIQUE OIL EMULSION- Our unified and stable oil blends better and safer than other oils for plants. It mixes easy with water without separation and does not burn or suffocate the leaves, effect the plant’s development, or change the fruit’s taste or flavor. It can be used from seedling up to last day of harvest.
- PROVEN RECORD- Over 10 years’ experience with more than 300 successful trials on fruits, vegetables, ornamental and medical cannabis. With an ongoing R&D process, this product continues to evolve to be brought to perfection for optimal results.
Additional Info :
- NATURAL SOLUTION TO BEAT MILDEW, MITES, AND MOLD – Crop Control is hands down the BEST choice to protect and cure Powdery Mildew, Spider Mites, Russet Mites, Broad Mites, Botrytis, Grey Mold, Aphids, fungal and parasitic species on plants.
- SUPER CONCENTRATED FORMULA SIMPLE AND EASY TO USE – Every half ounce of Trifecta Crop Control makes one gallon of ready to use spray – Simply mix with water and spray on your plants to prevent and cure up to one week before harvest and stay clean of mildew, mites and mold. The simultaneous modes of action create a powerful defense system that stops fungal and parasitic species dead in their tracks
- SAFE FOR USE ON MOST PLANTS – Use for all crops including fruits, vegetables, herbs, spices, roses, flowers, trees, shrubs, houseplants, succulents, ornamentals and more with a no rinse, no residue spray. Save time and money with this quick and easy solution to mildew, mold, and fungus.
- FARMER RECOMMENDED – Unique blend of food grade HIGHEST-QUALITY essential oils including garlic, thyme, clove and peppermint oils broken down to NANO-SIZE particles for MAXIMUM COVERAGE. Crop Control contains all-natural ingredients and pet-friendly and food grade product so you can feel good about what you are putting on your plants and the planet.
- TOTAL HAPPINESS GUARANTEE – We are totally confident that Trifecta Crop Control will WORK for you. For ANY reason whatsoever, simply send us a message and we will be happy to offer you a fast, prompt refund. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
Additional Info :
- Fast acting and odorless – Monterey insect Killer is a bacterial product produced by fermentation which rapidly treats plants and does not produce odors.
- Controls many insects – the insect treatment Spray controls caterpillars, leafminers, codling moth, tent caterpillars, gypsy moth, trips, borers, fire ants, and more.
- Variety of uses – this pest control can be used on outdoor ornamentals, lawns, vegetables, and also broadleaf weeds.
- Easy spray application – this CSI alternative product may be applied with a trigger sprayer, hand-held, backpack, or hose-end Sprayers. Carefully read the label directions before use for optimal application.
- Organic gardening – the active ingredient in our bug Killer spray is a natural bacteria called spinosad, which is the newest agricultural chemistry to be introduced. Approved For organic gardening, our product is safe for use around people and pets.
Additional Info :
- FRESH SCENT: EcoSmart’s Natural Garden Insect Killer kills garden pests by contact with the help of plant essential oils, such as Rosemary Oil and Peppermint Oil, so there is no overbearing, harsh chemical smell- only a fresh scent and no bugs
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY: Our natural, plant-based formula is safe to use on ornamentals, shrubs, flowers, small trees, vegetables and fruit crops (household use only), but won’t harm fish, wildlife and does not contaminate groundwater supplies
- CHILD AND PET FRIENDLY: Safe to use around children and pets (when used as directed)
- NO CHEMICALS: Take chemicals out of your lawn, garden and home equation with EcoSmart
- MADE IN THE USA
Additional Info :