Natural Pesticide For Home
Clean Up the Indoor Area
The most important thing you can do to keep pests out of your home is to do some good old-fashioned housekeeping. This means keeping your home clean and free of debris, food crumbs, and garbage. It’s also important to make sure that the area outside your door is clear of debris and scraps—keep it swept up!
If you have pets in the house, try not to let their fur clump up on the floor or furniture; this will create a great environment for mosquitoes and other bugs to breed in. Make sure you regularly clean out any pet beds too—they can get pretty messy if they haven’t been cleaned in awhile!
Banana peels are a popular home remedy for pests. They contain potassium and phosphorus, which are essential nutrients for plants. You can bury banana peels around plants to keep pests away, or you can make a banana peel spray to kill or repel pests.
Here’s how to use banana peels:
- First, cut the banana in half and then into quarters. Peel the skin off each quarter, but leave them connected at one end so they form an upside-down U shape with two legs sticking out (like you’re doing the splits). Discard the rest of the fruit as compost or garbage depending on whether it has spoiled yet.
- Next, find a place where insects congregate (near your garden) and put your four “legs” down into moist soil at least 6 inches deep until they make contact with earthworms below ground level—this will attract even more beneficial bugs like ladybugs because they love eating grubs!
Remove the Entryways
- Remove the entryways. You are going to need to identify where bugs are entering your home and seal them off accordingly. For example, if you have a door that is letting insects in from outside, then caulk it shut or use some kind of sealant to make sure they don’t slip through any cracks. Additionally, check places like windows, cracks in walls and floorboards and crevices under cupboards for any sign of an unwanted visitor getting into your home. If you find these entryways, seal them up so that no more bugs can sneak in!
Garlic Oil Spray
Garlic oil spray is a natural pesticide that will repel a wide range of pests, including ants, beetles and grasshoppers. To make garlic oil spray, finely chop or mince 5 to 10 cloves of garlic and add them to 2 cups of extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil in a blender. Blend until smooth, then strain the mixture through cheesecloth or coffee filters into a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of soap (natural soap) to 2 cups warm water in a spray bottle. Add the strained garlic mixture and shake well to mix thoroughly before spraying onto plants where insects are present or have been seen recently.
- Soapy water is a pesticide made by mixing water and soap.
- To make it, you need to mix one part of liquid dish detergent with three parts hot water. This mixture can be sprayed onto plants or trees to help prevent pests from eating them (though it won’t help prevent larger animals like deer). You can also use the soapy water as a spray when rinsing produce in the kitchen sink to remove bacteria.
- The main ingredient in dish soap is sodium lauryl sulfate, which kills insects by breaking down their protective outer layers and absorbing into their bodies. Once absorbed inside insect bodies, the sodium lauryl sulfate causes cells to burst open, killing the insect instantly!
Lavender Oil Spray
Lavender oil is a natural pesticide that you can use to get rid of bugs. It can also be used as an insect repellent, flea and tick killer, disinfectant, and more.
Lavender oil has many uses because it contains terpene compounds that give it its distinctive aroma. These compounds are what make lavender essential oil effective as a bug spray or insect repellent. Lavender has even been noted for its anti-inflammatory effects on skin when applied topically; these properties make it ideal for those who want to protect themselves against ticks and other insects without having to worry about any adverse side effects from toxic chemicals (or the risk of getting bit).
Neem Oil Spray
Neem oil is a vegetable oil pressed from the fruits and seeds of the neem tree. Neem oil is a mixture of components that have insecticidal, fungicidal, and herbicidal properties.
Neem oil is effective for controlling pests such as whitefly, aphids, Japanese beetles, moth larvae, scale, and spider mites on vegetables (e.g., tomatoes), fruit trees (e.g., apples), field crops (e.g., alfalfa or clover), or ornamentals such as flowers in your garden.
Make a Garlic and Onion Insecticide to Get Rid of Bugs
Mix the following ingredients together:
- 1/2 cup of minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons of minced onion
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper powder or hot sauce (optional)
Mix the ingredients together and place them into a spray bottle. Shake well before each use, spray the mixture where bugs congregate on your plants and around your home, being sure to give everything a good coating. The smell will dissipate after 24 hours, but if you’re concerned about keeping any lingering smells away from your house or apartment then I suggest brewing some rosemary tea made with lemon balm by filling a teapot with water and adding roughly 4 grams of dried rosemary leaves and one teaspoon each of dried lemon balm leaf & chamomile flower per cup of boiling water; bring it all to a boil for 5 minutes before straining & enjoying!
There are plenty of natural pesticides and pest repellent options that you can use in your home.
Now that we’ve covered the basics of natural pest control, let’s get into some specific suggestions for dealing with bugs in your home. If you’re trying to get rid of something other than a spider or a cockroach, it’s important to know what kind of bug you’re dealing with. This will help us recommend some products that will be most effective for your needs and situation.
If you are having an issue with ants in your home, there are quite a few different options available: from sprays containing boric acid or diatomaceous earth (which can be sprinkled around baseboards), to traps that use bait or poisonous liquids as attractants. However, if you are looking at chemical pesticides or repellents specifically meant only for ants then it is important to keep in mind that these may not always work as well against other types of insects such as spiders or cockroaches because they simply don’t eat similar foods like sugarcane syrup or dead insects tendered by other species (i.e., they might prefer flies over crickets).
- Extra Concentrated for Long-Lasting Protection
- Natural Ingredients Proven Effective in the Real World
- Large 1 Gallon Container
- Powerful Essential Oil
Additional Info :
- VERSATILE HANDHELD BULB DUSTER – Multipurpose Pest Control Tool Dispenses Insecticides, Pesticides, Diatomaceous Earth & Other Powder Applications
- TARGETS HARD-TO-REACH SPACES – Delivers Concentrated Puff of Powder Perfect for Small Corners & Crevices; Simply Fill With Powder, Point & Squeeze
- 12” EXTENSION ROD – Curved Nozzle & Brass Extension Rod Enable Fast, Clean, Easy Dusting at Short & Long Range; Great for Baseboards, Windows & Doors
- COMPACT, LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN – Flexible Bulb Holds 14oz of Powder & Provides Ergonomic Comfort for Treating Plants, Insects & Pests Both Indoors & Out
Additional Info :
- KILLS SOFT BODY INSECTS ON CONTACT- Only effective on spider mites (two-spotted mites, broad mites, russet mites), whiteflies, aphids, powdery mildew, and downy mildew.
- OMRI LISTED- Contains all-natural and organic food-based ingredients for organic gardening that is non-toxic and safe for human, pets, bees, ladybugs, and other beneficial predators.
- UNIQUE OIL EMULSION- Our unified and stable oil blends better and safer than other oils for plants. It mixes easy with water without separation and does not burn or suffocate the leaves, effect the plant’s development, or change the fruit’s taste or flavor. It can be used from seedling up to last day of harvest.
- PROVEN RECORD- Over 10 years’ experience with more than 300 successful trials on fruits, vegetables, ornamental and medical cannabis. With an ongoing R&D process, this product continues to evolve to be brought to perfection for optimal results.
Additional Info :
- KILLS & REPELS. A preventative and a treatment, this spray is a natural pest repellent, and kills mosquitoes, ants, fleas, ticks, roaches, flies, scorpions, chiggers, crickets, chinch bugs, japanese beetles, no-see-ums, gnats and more. Safe alternative to conventional pesticide sprays, baits, ant granules, zappers or foggers.
- SPRAY & PLAY! Safe around cats, dogs and people of all ages, with no wait time for drying or reentry into sprayed outside areas. Just attach directly to a garden hose, spray your backyard, and enjoy. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Outdoor Pest Control Concentrate!
- TREATS UP TO 5,000 SQUARE FEET. A bug control spray that can be safely used on lawns, gardens, grass, picnic areas, playgrounds, patios, vegetables, flowers, siding, brick, paint and more. Treat an existing pest infestation or for prevention. Application coverage depends on water pressure and walking speed.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS. No artificial colors, fragrances or harsh pesticides. Made in the USA from powerful, sustainable plant-based ingredients. Cruelty free and biodegradable. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Outdoor Pest Control Concentrate!
- POWERED BY NATURE, AS POWERFUL AS PERMETHRIN. Powered by cedar oil, our eco-friendly formula is proven to kill and repel pests. Safe when sprayed outdoors around pets, kids, and beneficial insects like bees and butterflies. Permethrin-Free. Packaging may vary.
Additional Info :
- KILLS & REPELS. A preventative and a treatment, this pet-safe insect spray kills and repels indoor pests and keeps your home pest-free. Kills flying, crawling, biting and stinging pests including ants, roaches, spiders, flies, fleas, ticks, wasps, scorpions, mosquitoes, fruit flies, silverfish, moths, gnats, carpet beetles, earwigs, palmetto bugs, waterbugs.
- PROTECT YOUR HOME. This versatile bug control spray is also an indoor flea treatment and flea killer for your home. It kills fleas in carpet, furniture, bedding and flooring, and eliminates adults, eggs, and larvae in the home without staining.
- SAFE FOR DOGS & CATS. Pet-friendly, this spray is gentle enough to use several times a week around your loved ones, throughout the house, yet powerful enough to fully eliminate pests and provide lasting defense of your household from invading insects.
- PLANT-BASED AND POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE. Using natural essential oils, this spray is a safe alternative to electronic bug zappers, lights, traps, powders, granules and conventional pesticides. No artificial colors, fragrances or harsh chemicals. Biodegradable. Cruelty-Free.
- EASY-TO-USE. This eco-friendly biopesticide can be sprayed easily around the home, throughout the kitchen, bathroom, and any other living areas. Simply spray around windows, doors, baseboards, under sinks, in cabinets, and around appliances. Works great for dog kennels and cat condos, too! Spray as often as desired for a pest-free home. Made in the USA from naturally-derived ingredients and safe around children. Safe when used as directed.
Additional Info :