Natural Repellent For Fleas On Cats
Give your cat a bath.
You can give your cat a bath with warm water and a cat shampoo. Be sure to rinse well, and dry thoroughly. If your cat is particularly nervous or difficult to handle, you can use a towel to help dry her quickly.
Use essential oils.
Essential oils are a natural way to repel fleas on cats. The best essential oils to use are lemongrass, citronella, peppermint, rosemary and lavender. You can also use eucalyptus, lemon or tea tree oil as well. If you have an essential oil diffuser then you can add a few drops of the above mentioned oils into the diffuser while making sure that your cat doesn’t come into contact with them.
Increase the garlic in your cat’s diet.
You can also increase the garlic in your cat’s diet. While this plant is toxic to cats, it can also be used as a flea repellent.
Here is how you can add garlic to your cat’s food:
- Crush 1-2 cloves of garlic and mix them directly into their food. Garlic powder or crushed tablets are not recommended because they contain an enzyme that destroys thiamin (vitamin B1), which can cause neurological problems if enough is ingested by your pet. Ingestion of large amounts of garlic may also result in gastrointestinal upset and even vomiting and diarrhea, so don’t overdo it!
- Feeding just one clove per day will have little effect on most cats; three or four cloves per day are more likely to cause some side effects such as drooling, panting or mild abdominal pain (depending on how sensitive the individual animal is).
Try rosemary and citrus oils.
For a natural spray, you can use rosemary and citrus oils. These oils are safe to apply to your cat’s fur. Be careful not to get them near your cat’s eyes or nose!
You can also make this spray in a bottle that has an eye dropper. This will allow you to easily put some on a cotton ball or swab, then rub it into the fur of your kitty without getting the oil too close to their face or nose.
Add apple cider vinegar to your cat’s drinking water.
To add apple cider vinegar to your cat’s drinking water, be sure to use unpasteurized apple cider vinegar. The reason for this is that the pasteurization process kills the enzymes that help keep fleas away. Mix in a small amount of water (about 1/8 cup per 5 cups of water) and pour over your cat’s food or just into their bowl on its own. You may need to make adjustments depending on how much you’re feeding them, but aim for about 1/4 – 1/2 oz per pound of body weight each day. It’s also important not to let them get dehydrated at any point during treatment.
Be sure not to add more than 2 tablespoons per gallon of water as this can be harmful for cats! Store any extra in an airtight container out of direct sunlight and heat (like in the fridge). If your cat refuses this drink mix every time you try it with him or her, try adding some fresh mint leaves along with some ginger root slices before mixing into his or her drinking bowl.
Cover your furniture.
- Cover your furniture. This can be an effective way to control fleas, but it’s not going to kill them or prevent them from returning. The idea behind this method is that you’re trapping the fleas on your cat and preventing them from getting into your house in the first place. But this isn’t a fast-acting solution: it may take weeks or even months for all of the eggs on your furniture to hatch, depending on how well they’re protected by the fabric itself. So if you want your home back as quickly as possible and don’t mind having a few live fleas hanging out around your cat until then, covering up their favorite places might be worth trying!
Use natural remedies for fleas on cats
There are many natural remedies for fleas on cats. One of the most effective is bathing your cat regularly. Essential oils such as garlic, rosemary and citrus are also effective in repelling fleas from your pet’s fur.
- A WORKING SOLUTION – Natural Care Flea & Tick Home Spray works with you to kill fleas, flea eggs, and ticks on contact. And it repels mosquitoes. Just apply it wherever the pests are found, inside and out.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS – The formula uses the natural power of plant extracts, like peppermint oil and clove extract, to get the job done.
- NO STAINS – It’s safe to use on pet bedding, pillows, blankets, carpets, rugs, dras, upholstery, countertops, and so much more. And you don’t have to worry about it leaving a stain.
- SAFE TO USE – You can use it on your dogs and cats, 12 weeks and older, as directed. Since it’s a plant-based formula, it’s safe to use around the whole family.
- QUALITY – The bottle is packaged in such a way that it won’t leak when it’s shipped to you.
Additional Info :
- PROVEN EFFECTIVE: Vet’s Best Flea + Tick Spot-On for Cats is lab tested and proven effective to kill & repel Fleas and ticks and repel mosquitoes.
- EASY TO USE: Twist and Squeeze applicators allow for easy application directly onto cat; No scissors required and safe to use on cats of any size.
- CERTIFIED NATURAL OILS: Each steam distilled essential oil is selected for its potent pest fighting properties and is 100% Certified Natural.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS: Vet’s Best Flea + Tick Spot-On for Cats kills & repels fleas and ticks without harsh chemicals.
- MADE IN THE USA: Our products are proudly manufactured in the USA with quality domestic and internationally sourced ingredients.
Additional Info :
- NATURAL REPELLENT AND PREVENTIVE. The Alzoo Flea & Tick Squeeze-On utilizes natural active ingredients to effectively repels fleas, ticks and mosquitoes, reducing the number of bites.
- SUSTAINABLE, SAFE & POWERFUL. Safe for pets and people when used as directed. Laboratory tested. Cruelty free, made in the USA using recycled and recyclable packaging.
- DURABLE & EASY TO APPLY. Effectively repels fleas, ticks and mosquitos for up to 3 months. 3 applicators enclosed, use 1 per month. Easy to apply topical formula ensures safe and effective application for long-term protection.
- WATER RESISTANT. Will keep protecting in rain. After shampoo, once fur is dry, re-apply.
- COMBINABLE. In high infestation area use with Alzoo G+ Environment Powder, Alzoo F&T Home Spray and/or Alzoo F&T Yard Spray.
- SEASON PREVENTION: In areas where pest are a seasonal problem, applying 3-4 weeks ahead of the season is favorable.
Additional Info :
- REPELS AND PREVENTS. Plant-powered spot ons offer a safe, effective, convenient way to repel fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes. Each tube helps prevent infestations and keeps your pet protected for up to 1 month from fleas and ticks and up to 7 days from mosquitoes. Each package comes with a 3-month supply.
- TREAT NATURE WITH NATURE. Replaces chewable flea-and-tick protection and conventional spot drops and collars. Powered by plants and natural essential oils, our spot on treatment is a safe and effective flea and tick repellent for cats. Enjoy worry-free peace of mind knowing your pets are protected.
- SAFE FOR CATS 3+ MONTHS. Spot ons are easy to use on cats of all sizes and kittens at 3 months or older. Natural essential oils make them a safe alternative to traditional spot drops and collars. Safe around kids when used as directed. Mom owned, Mom approved.
- POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE WITH A FRESH PEPPERMINT SCENT. Plant-powered, flea and tick repellency smells amazing with the fresh essential oil of peppermint. Our spot on topical provides an extra layer of defense against those pesky biting fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes.
- WATER RESISTANT. Powered by nature and proven to work. Give your cat the best advantage in guarding against fleas and ticks with our water resistant non-harsh formulated spot ons. Should be reapplied after bath or swim time. Cruelty free, made in the U.S.A. with sustainable ingredients and recyclable packaging.
Additional Info :
- ONLY NATURAL PET’S FLEA & TICK ADVANCED NATURAL INSECT REPELLANT – Is the best way to repel fleas, ticks, mosquitoes and other biting insects from your cat for three months.
- NATURAL BOTANICALS GERANIOL & PEPPERMINT – Our powerful squeeze-on drops utilize essential oils that have active repelling properties which deter fleas, flea eggs, ticks, chewing lice and repels nearly 500 different species of insects.
- NEVER ANY CHEMICALS – No harmful chemicals making it the safest alternative to dangerous spot-ons and truly the one flea and tick prevention they’ll love. Soothing, soluble almond oil is used as a gentle base. Completely safe for pets and humans.
- SAFE & EFFECTIVE FORMULA FOR ALL SIZE CATS – Easy Application process. Simply spread the hair between your cat’s shoulder blades back until you see skin and apply the entire tube. Herbal Defense Squeeze-On is water resistant but not waterproof.
Additional Info :